Studio Katia - Under the Sea

I'm over at Studio Katia Blog sharing this Under the Sea theme card. This is such a fun a set to have and perfect for any occasions.

For my card today,  I wanted to create a scene where the main star is the cute little sting ray, swimming under the deep blue sea.

To start, I stamped all my images using chocolate hybrid ink onto a  watercolor paper because I will be coloring my images using watercolor paints. This ink is watercolor safe as well as copic friendly ink. I usually or most of the time color with my copic markers but today I will be using my Daniel Smith Watercolor to color my images. I just added a mixture of greys, yellows and greens to color all my elements, I kept the coloring simple without mixing too much colors. Then I die cut the images using its coordinating die.

LogoLicious_20180609_162223Moving onto the background! I blended some distress ink oxide, I used blueprint sketch and peacock feathers to create my watery background. Then using  the Brushed Stroke Waves stencil, I created the wavy effect for added interest to my panel. I also used the same inks I used for my blended background. I splattered some white paint to create bubbles.

LogoLicious_20180609_162426

As I mentioned I wanted the sting ray to be the main star of my card. So, I die cut a white cardstock to create a frame for my panel using the decorative frame from the Darling Ribbon & Dotted Frames creative dies.

LogoLicious_20180609_162314

Once all my elements are complete it's time to put the card together! I added foam tape to my frame panel and adhered it to my blended background. Then I also added some foam tape to the seaweeds and coral. Then glued my sting ray and as well as the little fishes. I did not add foam tape to the sting ray because I wanted it to appear in the back.

Then I white heat embossed the 'hello friend' sentiment from the And The Fox Says stamp set, onto a black cardstock. I also added white gel pen on the coral as well as some glossy accents to the seaweeds and coral. It's very hard to see on the photo but it's there ;)


Again, thank you for stopping by and hope you enjoyed today's post! Be sure to visit Studio Katia Blog for more inspiration from the DT. Happy crafting!!

Crafty Hugs,
Rowena

Comments

Popular Posts